Benefits of Playing Drum Set and why you needed
When I was in high school, I always wanted to learn how to play a drum set, just like the rock band do. And as time went by I already forgotten about it. But! Recently I saw one of my friends posted his drum set photo. Then it came back into me. The interest of playing drum. But as an adult, it made me wonder... What would be the benefit of playing drums, and why should I do it or need it. Because I always think and decide twice about things I will buy. I don't want to buy things that won't have benefit for my family or myself.
I did some basic research, and surprisingly it has a good effect to our mind & body, according to Dave Robertson & Dr. Christiane Northrup.
Dave explained the "ten reasons to drums for your health". After reading, I truly agreed to what he had said. And it made me more interested to have one.
Ten Reasons to Drums for Your Health:
- Drumming is for everyone
- Drumming reduces stress and boosts the immune system
- Drumming produces deeper self-awareness by inducing synchronous brain activity (Hemispheric Coordination) and promoting alpha waves
- Drumming helps to releases negative feelings and emotional trauma
- Drumming helps us to connect with self and others
- Drumming helps us connect to the natural rhythms all around us
- Drumming provides a path by which we may access a higher power
- Drumming grounds us in the present moment
- Drumming helps us to reach a state of self-realization
- Drumming is fun
According to Dr. Christiane Northrup, drumming is a great workout for your brain and actually can make you smarter because when you drum you access your entire brain. Research shows that the physical transmission of rhythmic energy to the brain actually synchronizes the left and right hemispheres. So, when the logical left hemisphere and the intuitive right hemisphere of your brain begin to pulsate together, your inner guidance system, or intuition becomes stronger.
10 Health Reasons to Start Drumming
- Makes you happy
- Induces deep relaxation
- Helps control chronic pain
- Boosts your immune system
- Creates a sense of connectedness
- Aligns your body and mind with the natural world
- Provides a way to access a higher power
- Releases negative feelings
- Puts you in the present moment
- Allows for personal transformation
There is also the worst aspect of playing drums set. Some is actually funny, but it's actually true.
The 10 worst things about playing the drums
- Orchestral parts aren't always the most demanding
- Drum face
- Sticks are hard to hang on to
- Marching bands
- The absolute pressure to be the fastest
- Drummers' rage
There you go, I found the reason what the benefit of playing drums set and why do I need it or should do it. In fact it's already added to my wish list.
If you're interested like me, and want a drum set check it out at GuitarCenter
How can you tell a good drummer and a bad drummer apart?