Cooking and Eating Fish are very common in every household of Filipinos. Mackerel health benefits are mostly associated with its omega-3 fats (which is good fat!) that can help prevent heart diseases, control blood pressure levels, lower risks of diabetes, and a lot more...
When I was a child, I'm curious seeing my grandmother cook something out of mackarel, and she has a various recipe. Now, I'm Going to share one of her recipe with Mackerel Sardines. Also, always remember "Hindi basta nakasanayan, the best na yan!
We all know all sardines have a stinky smell or "malangsa". Most people don't want that kind of smell. But Uni-Pak Mackerel does not have that kind of smell, because of the natural oil Uni-Pak Mackerel have.
Eating healthy food everyday will help my body to be fit and better to do any task. Kaya basta Mackerel dapat Tatak Uni-Pak, always remember that.
My Lola's Mackerel Bread Rolls.
- 1 Can of 425g Uni-Pak Mackerel in Natural Oil, drained and flaked
- 1 loaf of bread
- 1 pack bread crumbs
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 3 eggs
- 1 box of cheese, sliced lengthwise
- 2 tbsp onion, minced
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 3 cups cooking oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Add minced onion, garlic, pepper, salt and mayonnaise to the flaked mackerel.
- Flatten the bread slices using a rolling pin and spread the flaked mackerel on top.
- Add sliced cheese to each slice of bread, and roll them up.
- Dip the rolled-up bread in the beaten eggs, making sure each one is fully coated.
- Coat each roll in bread crumbs and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Deep-fry until golden brown.
Aside the my Lola's Mackarel recipe, one lucky winner will have a chance to win a Uni-Pack Gift Pack. Please dont' forget to read the "terms & conditions".
Uni-Pak Gift Pack Giveaway
For more cooking tips and recipe visit Village Bakery